FARRINGDON PARISH COUNCIL JAN 2020
ROAD /ENVIRONMENTAL OBSERVATIONS AND ISSUES IN NEED OF ATTENTION
Little or no action by HCC on local problems that still exist stating that there is minimal safety issues!
Speeding through village still being monitored
All paths and bridleways are in a reasonable state although muddy!
Brightstone Lane and Newton Valence crossroads flooded in mid December
with HCC notified but no action. Drains and Grids require urgent action now!
Brightstone Lanes is now a concern with majority of drains, runoffs totally blocked.
Next Parish Meeting: Wednesday Jan 8th 2020 7.30pm @ The Pheasant Function Room.
BRIGHTSTONE LANE Action by HCC please
All DITCHES , RUNOFFS AND GRIDS ARE IN NEED OF ATTENTION
- Edges, KERBS to be cleared as a lot of grit accumulating
- Two lane edges above PIES FARM are falling away and require filling.
- Upper part of lane has 12 ditches that require gullies to be cleared.
- Chevron signs on first corner need repair and clearance
- Mud under old bridge causing local problem
6. Pothole near junction of lane with A32 reported ref no: 21469546
- Flood Prevention
Contractors COLAS have completed some drainage works on the A32.
Locally there is some concern that the changes will only partially help when it next
floods as the road at the Farringdon Crossroads will still be a barrier.
NB: All ditches and gulley clearance are deemed to be responsibility of landowners
Legal enforcements are being investigated. Road safety is of course a main concern.
- LAYBY north side:
Please report any litter or rubbish dumping as this is a favourite area.
Christmas trees were again for sale here but following theft sale ended early.
- VILLAGE GATEWAYS have been discussed with HCC representative who
is providing quotations on possible solutions.
Partial funding is available but safety issues on installation may be costly. ONGOING
- Drains around the Chawton roundabout are still blocked.
There is still standing water on the main A32 road.
Kerbstone edges along this section of Main road still need to be cleared
Ditches along the A32 require clearing , multiple trees and branches
. Action by HCC?
- Continued problem in Kitcombe lane with OFFROAD vehicles. ONGOING
- Runoff ditches are to be inspected.
It is noted that vehicles are parking on the sliproads over night and at least one vehicle seems to have permanent parking spot in Brightstone Lane!!
Ownership of the car park adjacent to crossroads has been established as belonging to
Farringdon Parish Council.
Illegally parked vehicles have been reported.
- Security fencing outside MAPLECOMBE is still an eyesore after approx 2 years.
MORE action now required on removal.
- Work continues on Massey’s Folly with some scaffolding erected and increased security.
- The roadway from Folly to Manor House has been reported for various potholes.
Likewise New Road reported as to its poor condition at its lower end near A32.
- BLOCKED DRAIN outside BROWNINGS ORCHARD Reported to. HCC?
Examined by HCC who say grid is too small for location and will require larger cover.
- Several small branches have fallen on the roadway and have been removed.
- WEST VIEW no’s 1-8 ; most are now occupied.
Housing direction signs around village will be removed on final sale.
- Potholes by Barley Wood farm are being monitored and will be reported as necessary.
- Ditches along lane will require clearing.
- Brickwork under the Caker stream bridge is being monitored for subsidence.
- Flytipping- several tyres left at side of lane— reported to HCC —- now removed.
- Left hand junction sign missing on Selborne road. Reported 13 months to HCC!!
- 30 Mph sign on corner near Upper Farringdon House damaged and should be repaired and moved to be seen more easily.
- ROSE AND CROWN junction. There is still parking on white lines at the
junction which is causing problems turning into Crows Lane ON-GOING
- Drains near to Camville Cottage are blocked along pipework running to Crows lane.
PLAYING FIELDS AND EQUIPMENT
Following our required annual check on equipment, several low and medium risk items
have been rectified immediately by your council at the two play areas.
There are 2/3 issues with the surfacing around equipment which has be addressed to the play equipment suppliers for repair work.
Work on trees, gates and fencing at Parsonage Close playground has been completed.
Please report any problems seen to Parish Clerk or to any Councillor.
FOOTPATHS AND HEDGES
ALL listed footpaths are in reasonable passable state and were cut by Rights of Way.
Rights of Way team have been updated to next years cutting list for paths and bridleways.
Some fallen trees and small obstructions have been dealt with by local footpath volunteers
A potential safety problem with the steps down from Woodside Lane to old railway
line footpath has been raised with the Rights of Way team.
Please note it is the responsibility of landowners to keep all hedges and overhanging trees to be cut back from the road, lane edges and those bordering any footpaths and bridleways; Rights of Way will only cut footpaths to 1m and bridleways to 2m width.
Problems can be reported to myself or directly to the Rights Of Way website.
An updated plan is in circulation and work continues.
More than 50% of budget (£300k) has been spent.
There will be a Flood Action Group meeting at Winchester on the 31st of January 2020
Members of the Parish council will attend to be advised of work done and future work.
An Emergency plan for flooding and other possible emergencies has been updated.
You can report Road and Environmental problems direct to Hampshire County Council by using Fixmystreet.com
OR REPORT ANY ROAD/ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS DIRECTLY TO ME OR TO ANY PARISH COUNCILLOR OR TO OUR CLERK